fee, financials, and insurance
Fee for care
The total package fee is $4,200 or $3,900 if pre-paid in full before 32 weeks of pregnancy. All clients are offered a flexible payment plan, with the total package fee due by 36 weeks.
This fee includes:
• Unlimited regular prenatal visits.
• At least one in-home prenatal visit at 36-37 weeks gestation.
• Three community care or group visits with childbirth/postpartum preparation.
• Blood draws or lab specimen collection at the office (please be aware there is a separate fee charged by the lab for processing the labs).
• Labor, birth, and immediate postpartum midwifery care for client and baby.
• One in-home postpartum midwifery visit at 24 to 72 hours.
• Unlimited regular postpartum visits.
• 24 hour availability via phone beginning at 37 weeks.
• A birth tub for use in labor.
This fee does not include the following:
• Lab work, Pap, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea screen, Group B Strep culture (generally billable directly to insurance).
• Rhogam injection if required at 28 weeks and/or immediately postpartum
• Any referred services: ultrasound, physician fees, hospital fees or charges incurred due to transfer of care.
• Birth supplies
Late to care
Clients entering care after 32 weeks may receive a $300 discount off the total fee of $4,200 if they can provide their complete records up to that point in pregnancy.
We use a billing service, Larsen Billing to bill insurance for our clients. Due to the nature of the care we provide, Birthwise clients are expected to pay in full, out-of-pocket, ahead of the birth. After the birth clients can choose to have Larsen Billing submit to their insurance for them.
Birthwise is not “in-network” with any insurance plans, and coverage varies greatly depending on the plan that you hold including your deductible, out-of-network provider coverage, Certified Professional Midwife coverage, home birth coverage etc. All services can be paid through a Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account. Unfortunately, Maryland Medicaid does not cover home birth services.
Please contact us if you would like to start the process by having Larsen Billing verify your insurance benefits. There is a one-time, non-refundable $20 fee to verify the benefits.